2014-2015 Season Events:
Team 2992 was once again welcomed back to the Bayou Regional held at the always accommodating Pontchartrain Center in Kenner, LA. This may not have been our year because we didn’t get picked to be in a semifinal alliance. However, there was an upside: WORLDS. We shared an amazing experience at the 2015 FIRST Championship in Saint Louis, MO!
After returning from Saint Louis, our annual summer camp ensued. This year’s theme was Jurassic World which centered around dinosaurs. Campers learned teamwork, basic engineering, and FIRST principles to build a bot that could destroy the infamous Dino X. Everyone had a great time and the camp was a huge success!
Following the summer camp, Team 2992 finished the 2014-2015 season with our annual trip to the Red Stick Rumble in Baton Rouge. In this competition (held on September 12, 2015), Team 2992 was lucky enough to be in the WINNING alliance!
2013-2014 Season Events:
Team 2992 undertook a trip to Searcy, Arkansas From March 6th-8th, 2014. A second regional (along with the snow in Arkansas) was a brand new experience for us. We were awarded with:
- 2014 Regional Finalist
- 2014 Gracious Professionalism Award
On top of this feat, we also went to the Bayou Regional in Kenner, Louisiana. Team 2992 fought valiantly, and we are proud of all of our team’s accomplishments.
2012-2013 Season Events:
From March 21st to March 23rd, we went once again to the Bayou Regional in Kenner, Louisiana. After three days of hard work and great competition we came out with this:
- Ranked 8th after Qualification Rounds
- Picked by the 5th seed (364: Team Fusion)
- Finished in Quarterfinals with a W/L record of 9-4-0
- Won the 2013 Judges’ Award
- Overall was 16-12 in 2013
This year we also attended our first off-season competition at Lakelawn High School in Baton Rouge, LA. InJuly we hosted our second annual FLL middle school camp with the new game Senior Solutions. 20 kids came and work for five days to have a final competition on the last day.
2011-2012 Season Events:
From March 15-17, 2012, we once again competed in the Bayou Regional arena but in a different venue: the beautiful Pontchartrain Center in Kenner, LA. This year, we won:
- 2012 Finalist – Granted for taking 2nd place in the elimination rounds.
- 2012 Industrial Design Award sponsored by General Motors – Celebrates form and function in an efficiently designed machine that effectively addresses the game challenge.
Following qualifying rounds we were ranked 4th, but after the intense elimination matches we moved up to 2nd place to compete in the finals. There, unfortunately, our time ended, but we proudly accepted our silver medal and the Industrial Design Award.
From July 9-13, 2012, Team 2992 hosted its first annual FLL middle school summer camp. We hosted 15 kids for 5 days and at the finale held a miniature FLL Food Factor competition.
2010-2011 Season Events:
From March 18-20, 2011, we competed for our third year at the FIRST Robotics Competition’s Bayou Regional event at the Alario Center in Westwego, LA, but this time under the moniker of “Skippers”. Our team won the following award:
- 2011 Team Imagery Award in honor of Jack Kamen – Recognizes our overriding theme, team and robot appearance.
Our robot was sadly defeated in the quarterfinal rounds, but we were the fifth seed and picked by the fourth seed. Unfortunately, the robot came out of the games with broken parts.
2009-2010 Season Events:
From March 4-6, 2010, we competed for the second time at the FIRST Robotics Competition’s Bayou Regional event at the Alario Center in Westwego, LA. Our team won the following awards:
- 2010 Winners of the Bayou Regional – (which earned us an invitation to attend the World Championship in Atlanta) Granted for taking 1st place in the elimination rounds and winning the competition.
- 2010 Team Imagery Award in honor of Jack Kamen – Recognizes our overriding theme, team and robot appearance.
From April 15-17, 2010, we competed for the second time at the FIRST Robotics World Championship in Atlanta, GA. We ranked 12th in our division (the Curie division had 86 robotics teams).
2008-2009 Season Events:
From March 19-21, 2009, we competed for the first time ever at the FIRST Robotics Competition’s Bayou Regional at the UNO Lakefront Arena. Our team, S.S. Prometheus, won the following awards:
- 2009 Rookie Seed Award – Given to highest ranking Rookie team after the qualification rounds.
- 2009 Bayou Regional Rookie All Star Team – (which promoted us to the championship in Atlanta) A result of our performance and our overall team commitment as a rookie team.
We were the only Louisiana team to qualify to go to the national competition from not only the Bayou Regional, but from any regional competition worldwide, which is an incredible feat for a rookie team. From April 16-18, 2009, we competed for the first time at the FIRST Robotics World Championship in Atlanta, GA. We ranked 24th in our Division (the Curie Division had 87 robotics teams).We received formal recognition by the St. Tammany Parish School Board for outstanding achievement at the national competition at the St. Tammany Parish Board Meeting which took place on Thursday, May 21, 2009, at 7:00 PM.